Please use this page as a resource to prepare for your move-in day.
The Bakery Living property team is looking forward to assisting you as you continue to settle into your new home. Please contact any of the following individuals with questions or concerns that you have regarding your move in or leasing process.
Assistant Property Manager:
- All move in date reservations and/or adjustments must be made at least one week before your lease start date. Remember, the sooner you call to schedule your move in appointment, the better! Move in appointments are prioritized according to when the original reservation was made.
- Key pick up must be completed during office hours, Monday through Saturday from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Moving assistance (reserved parking, elevator use, cart rental etc.) may only be completed during office hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am-5:00pm. After hours move in activity will result in a $150.00 fee for each occurrence.
- Cable and Internet installation must take place during office hours. Monday through Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am-5:00pm
- We can not accommodate a large 18-wheeler moving truck. Please notify your moving company of this and make arrangements for the furniture to be loaded onto a smaller box truck for delivery.
- The electric must be transferred into your name on lease start date. Click here to start a new service.
- Utility and rental insurance forms must be uploaded to your tenant profiles before move in payments are accessible.
- All move in charges must be paid before you receive your move in materials (keys, parking permits, Walnut Perks card, promotional refunds, etc). These charges include first month rent, water and sewage, parking fees and/or non-refundable pet fees.
- Moving trucks are not permitted in the parking lot or in the garage. Trucks are only permitted to park in the designated loading zone during your scheduled time.
- Moving boxes, after collapsed, may be disposed of in the Bakery Living trash room located in the garage next to the freight elevator.
Need a moving service?
You're in luck! Friendly Movers and Make Moves Moving Co. is part of our Walnut Perks program! Book one of these movers and receive a discount when moving into a Walnut Capital property. For more information on the discounts, visit our Walnut Perks page.
ElectricityDuquesne Light: 412-393-7100
People's Gas: 800-764-0111
Cable and InternetVerizion Fios: 800-662-2215 [email protected]
*All utilities must continue to stay in your name until lease end date. Any time utilities are taken out of your name you will be held responsible for any charges and any vacant service fees.
Helpful Account Information
Need to make a payment? Want to submit a service request? Visit your tenant portal to access your account and various online amenities! Make sure to save the log in link to your favorite browsers bookmark bar!
And don't worry, if you forget the web link address, you can always log in to your account by visiting our website and selecting Resident on the right-hand side of the webpage.
Important: Don't forget to update your account information if your email address is changed! Your email address must be current to receive payment notifications, community updates, and other online activity confirmations.
As a Walnut Capital resident, you will occasionally receive emails from us. These emails are important because they include notices and information about your apartment. Some email programs block addresses they identify as spam, even if they are from legitimate sources. We recommend adding [email protected] to your Safe Senders list, so that you don't miss out on these reminders!
We will be sending out SMS alerts to your mobile phone for events such as construction, utility issues, etc. We will never send out an SMS alert that does not have to do with urgent property information. Please opt in to these text alerts in your account settings.
Get to Know Your Thermostat
Get to know your Thermostat If you are a native to Pittsburgh, you are already aware of how the weather tends to dramatically fluctuate throughout every season. If you are a newly established resident in our City of Bridges you will soon learn that each day in Pittsburgh brings new and exciting weather! Make sure youre prepared for the highs and lows of each season by learning the programmable functions of your thermostat.
- Next to the display there is a button that reads (SYS=System) and the other side reading FAN
- SYS: The double function button controls the On/Off feature of your thermostat and conditioning unit.
- By pressing your SYS button one time, the LED background light on the unit shall illuminate. Push the SYS button again and it changes the setting to COOL. If you press the SYS button a third time it will change again to HEAT. Note: Press the button again and the unit will begin to shut off.
- Within seconds, after turning the AC/heating unit on, the air unit will begin to run making an audible clicking
If you are having any trouble with your new washer and dryer, please refer to this handy video.
Common Area Wi-Fi
Username: Bakery Living
If you would like to request emergency maintenance please call 412.661-0200. Emergency(s) are limited to:
- No heat
- No water
- No air conditioning
- Locked out of unit
- No working toilet in your unit
- Smell of Gas in your unit
- Structural damage to your unit
- Broken pipes/water lines
- Broken elevator
If you would like to report any other non-emergency issues, please call 412-661-0200 and leave a voicemail in our general mailbox and our office will return your call on the next business day.
Walnut Capital Management requires all residents to obtain and maintain evidence of liability insurance throughout the term of your lease, including lease renewals. Prior to your move-in, you are required to purchase and maintain Renters Insurance with minimum liability coverage of at least $100,000. As a reminder, we do not carry insurance to protect you against loss of your personal property. WHAT STEPS DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE RENTERS INSURANCE: If your current policy provides for at least $100,000 of liability, you are set! Simply email or send your policy declarations page to the leasing office on your move in date. The insurance declaration page should contain the policy effective date, coverage amounts, policy number, and expiration date.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE RENTERS INSURANCE: We recommend you visit our preferred vendor www.ResidentShield.com for a quote and to obtain coverage, or you may secure your coverage elsewhere. You can also purchase personal contents insurance for a small additional fee. To enroll in the ResidentShield plan, feel free to visit the website above or contact the ResidentShield customer service team at 1-800-566-1186. Coverage can begin with ResidentShield immediately, and our office will receive an automatic notification of your online policy purchase.
Understanding Your Landlord Required Tenant Liability Policy
- This policy ONLY provides liability coverage for the apartment community in case of resident- caused damage or loss
- It DOES NOT provide coverage for the residents personal items or belongings
- The apartment community is listed as the Primary Named Insured and all policy interactions are the responsibility of the apartment management staff
- Once you are enrolled, you will be listed as an additional insured on the landlords policy
- The cost for this insurance will be charged and paid with your monthly rent
- DEDUCTIBLE: (Per Loss Occurrence Per Tenant unless indicated otherwise)
Property Damage: Greater of the Tenant Security Deposit or $500.00. Pet damage claims require additional security deposit.
If you have specific questions about this policy please contact the leasing office or call ResidentShield at 1-800-566-1186. You may purchase a standard HO-4 Renters policy from www.ResidentShield.com that WILL cover your contents in addition to the community required liability.
Purchasing With Walnut Perks
Walnut Capital Management is happy to welcome you to the Walnut Perks program. Before painting the town, make sure to research the discounts and perks that Pittsburghs local vendors offer so you can save big on your purchases! Visit our website!
Refer a Friend
Do you have friends who are looking for a place to live? Send them to Walnut Capital! Earn free rent for any referral that moves into one of our properties! Check out our website for more details.